|From 1921 to 1967, many location were found to hold the club
meeting, such as the St. Thomas High School, Christman's Garage, and the St.
Thomas Community Center.
|In April 1967, meetings were moved to the Detrich-Brechbill
American Legion Post 612. Afterward the Detrich-Brechbill Rifle and Pistol
Club merged with the St. Thomas Sportsmen's Association. The Club incorporated
in 1972, and purchased land in May 1975, from Russel Hutton, along the Apple Way.
The first meeting at the new club ground was held April 14, 1975. During
the following months, land was cleared, trap ranges installed, and a pavilion was
|Monthly meetings were then held on the club grounds in a mobile
trailer until July 1978, when the pavilion was enclosed to build a clubhouse.
|In February, 1979, the second plot of ground was purchased from
Calvin Mackey. At present the Club is active in trap shooting, .22 cal shooting,
black powder shooting, turkey shoots, ground hog shoots, and archery. The Club is
affiliated with the National Rifle Association, The Franklin County Federation of
Sportsmen and the Pennsylvania Federation of Sportsmen.
|The St. Thomas Sportsmen's Association is the second oldest
sportsmen's club in Pennsylvania.